Monday 13 December 2010

the finishing touch

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my final paper about Schizophrenia.  I actually enjoyed writing this because it hit so close to home with my brother in law having it.  He celebrated his 21st birthday last week and his mom took him to Vegas.  The whole time he wanted to sneak off and do some kind of drug or attempt to o.d on his meds.  I feel so bad for his mom but feel like something needs to be done to keep him from trying to get "high" all the time.  Through my research though, I have found that it is typical for someone with the disorder to act like that.
Anyways, I think I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping... With the holidays coming up, I'm missing some of my family from home in PA and FL...Last night I sat here doing school work and got a huge craving for a hoagie....not a sub, but an authentic Pennsylvania hoagie from a tiny convenient store called Hillside.  Not much longer and we can enjoy sitting on the porch watching the kids try and catch fireflies : )  I can't wait to go to FL and go out on the boat and go fishing!  Less than 6 months now!!  YAY!  I have forgot what it's like to live in the US!!

No comments:

Post a Comment