Tuesday 21 December 2010

Our journey

Feels so good to not be working at the moment.  Not working has given me time to think of the opportunities that await us when we move to the US.  I cannot wait to find out where we will be going.  I am really hoping to get somewhere on the east coast, preferably the south since a lot of family like there and I am familiar with the area.

On another note, we took the kids to Thursford which is an hour away. There is a place called Santa's magical journey.  It was a walk through place with all kinds of lights and those mechanical things.  They had elves, polar bears, penguins, and snowmen, just to name a few of them.  My 4 year old got a little freaked but was fine once we reached Santa.  Something new I've learned about the UK:  You cannot sit on Santa's lap here!  For me, it's not really the same to get a picture of the kids sitting on a stool in front of Santa near his feet.  O well!  They didn't complain.  They each got a gift at the end.  Cambrya got pink "bricks"  which are blocks to us Americans and Parker got a stuffed bear which was really cute and soft.  It was an overall fun experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment